Transfer Credit Process
Transfer credit awards are processed after you’ve been accepted for admission to your program and when we've received your required transfer credit documents. The process typically takes 4-6 weeks and the award letter is a detailed evaluation of your previously earned credits.
To start the transfer credit process
Start your application and be sure to indicate that you plan to transfer credits on your application. Please note, the transfer credit evaluation process will not begin until your application for admission is complete and when we've received all your transfer credit documents.
Request materials required for your application for admission AND for your transfer credit evaluation:
Academic transcripts from each institution you previously attended:
- Official U.S. transcripts: if you applied previously earned credit towards your earned associate degree, you must request transcripts from each institution you attended. It typically takes 2-4 weeks for us to receive transcripts from institutions.
- Official foreign transcripts: foreign transcripts must include English translation. We encourage you to submit a course by course evaluation of your diploma(s) and transcript(s).
- Official college level examination scores
- Military evaluations
Upon acceptance to your program
Once you've been accepted to your program AND once we've received all your transfer credit documents from previously attended institutions:
- The transfer credit evaluation process will begin and takes 4-6 weeks to complete. Priority will be given to students based on accepted start term. Foreign transcripts may need to be evaluated externally, requiring an additional 3 weeks.
- You may check the status of your transcripts by logging in to your application for admission.
- To omit or add a transcript, please contact us at 877.668.7727.
When your evaluation is complete
- We will send you a detailed course by course evaluation of your transfer credit via the email address provided on your application. The evaluation will include an award letter, which is a detailed evaluation of your previously earned credits.
- We will notify your academic advisor to begin an updated degree audit based on your evaluation.
Note for Fast-Track Students: You will not receive a course by course evaluation, but will be granted a sum total of 80 quarter hours of transfer credit (equivalent to 60 semester hours).