Your journey to an American university degree begins at NU Global with our innovative Pathway Programs. Meet new people from around the globe, while enjoying access to the resources of a world-class American university.
Global Pathways offers you the opportunity to follow an academic preparation program that leads to an undergraduate or graduate degree at Northeastern University.
The Global Pathways Program offers specialized areas of academic study, intensive English language training, and academic skills preparation. You can concentrate your studies in one of three areas: Business and Social Sciences; Engineering, Math and Computer Science; and Physical and Life Sciences. Upon your successful completion of the program, you are admitted to your chosen undergraduate or graduate degree program.
- Academic record equivalent to a GPA of at least 2.5
- High-intermediate to advanced level of English equivalent to iBT 52 for undergraduates and iBT 61 for postgraduates
- Select from three entry points each year: Fall, Spring, and Summer
- Complete the program in one, two, or three semesters depending on you qualifications
- Benefit for academic advising, online tutoring, and student support services
- Enjoy access to all University facilities
- Choose from a wide range of degree programs
- Be guaranteed entry to a Northeastern University degree program upon successful completion of Global Pathways
Learn more about Global Pathways.
US-Sino Pathway Program (USPP)
The US-Sino Pathway Program (USPP) is a multi-component program created by the Consortium of North American Universities (CNAU). Through USPP, students in China are prepared to enter a bachelor’s degree program in one of the CNAU institutions. Upon successful completion of the USPP, students are offered admission to a CNAU member institution without requiring a TOEFL or IELTS score. In USPP, students earn academic credits, comprehensive English preparation, and a supportive learning environment. Students who successfully complete the program can earn up to 33 semester hours of credit allowing them to matriculate as sophomore students.
Click here to view the USPP Catalog. (PDF)
The CNAU member institutions are:
- Northeastern University, Boston, Massachusetts
- Baylor University, Waco, Texas
- DePaul University, Chicago, Illinois
- George Mason University, Fairfax, Virginia
- Marist College, Poughkeepsie, New York
- Stevens Institute of Technology, Hoboken, New Jersey
- University of Vermont, Burlington, Vermont
- High School diploma
- High school GPA 2.5 or above
- Pass USPP entry examination
- Residence in China
- A pathway to enrollment at one of seven top U.S. colleges/universities
- A two-semester English course to build academic English skills to a level which will enable students to participate successfully in all facets of academic and college life in the U.S.
- Spend “Summer Bridge” term in the U.S. as you transition to the academic and social life in an American college/university
- Discover your education and job options in the Career and Program Counseling course
- Benefit from transition assistance as you enter your destination institution