Global Student Success
Global Student Success (GSS) supports the development and needs of international students at Northeastern University and promotes internationalization across the institution. We offer cross-cultural, linguistic, and academic support services both on-campus and online. We also partner with faculty, staff, and administrators to integrate global dimensions and cross-cultural understanding into the Northeastern experience.
- ESL Tutoring – Provides high-quality English Language instruction for international students through 50-minute individual and group tutoring appointments. Sessions focus on areas including academic writing, listening, speaking, reading, and TOEFL preparation. Click here for the flyer.
- Language and Culture Workshops – The language workshops are for international students looking to improve their reading, writing, and listening skills. The culture workshops help international students understand American culture better and operate more successfully as university students in the U.S.
Volunteer Team Leader (VTL) Program – Students provide community service while strengthening their leadership skills, building résumé experience, and improving their English skills.
Listening & Speaking Classes – These classes provide listening and speaking practice for students to improve their pronunciation, listening, and speaking skills. Each class (general practice and business case) meets two times a week during the CPS quarter. All CPS international students register on myNEU. Others come to first class. Click here for the flyer.
Faculty and Staff Development Workshops – Global Student Success is constantly exploring ways to internationalize Northeastern’s campus through innovative services and collaborations. The GSS workshop series focuses on ways to better serve our international student populations. Please reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions or to discuss working individually with your team. View the archived sessions here.
Workshops & Webinars:
- Promote internationalization at our institution
- Pull from current research on intercultural competency
- Offer concrete professional development opportunities for faculty and staff
Prearrival Guide – This guide provides helpful information for newly admitted international students in the College of Professional Studies. The information covered ranges from preparations before arrival to resources available on campus for international students. Click here for the link.
Global Student Success
NU Global, College of Professional Studies
360 Huntington Avenue, 10 Belvidere
Boston, MA 02115
|Annie Hsu, Assistant Director|
|Christina Lambert, Student Support Specialist|
|Jay Ryan, Student Support Specialist|