Tutoring can benefit skilled professionals and beginning students alike. Whether you’re struggling with organic chemistry, working on a long paper, or putting the finishing touches on a presentation, NU offers many opportunities for you to enhance your academic work and professional skills through free one-on-one academic support on and off campus.
If after reviewing these options, you do not find one that meets your academic needs, please contact your instructor and your Career and Academic Coach to determine your best support options and next steps. If you have any questions about available support options, please email the Associate Director of Academic Integrity, Mr. Ori Fienberg.
45-minute appointments cover writing topics from start-to-finish such as research, organization, development, introductions, conclusions, multimedia projects, and formatting.
- Available to: All CPS students
- Locations: 412 Holmes Hall, 136 Snell Library and online
- Type of Tutor: Trained Undergraduate, MA, and PhD students
- Appointment Types: In-person and online
To learn more about the Northeastern Writing Center please click here.
50-minute appointments for English language instruction, including writing, conversation, pronunciation, reading, and TOEFL and career prep. Various formats of tutorials offered including in-person, online, one-on-one, and group appointments.
- Available to: All CPS international students
- Location: 88 Snell Library (basement) and online
- Type of Tutor: Primarily ESL professionals with advanced degrees
- Appointment Types: In-person, online, one-on-one, and groups
To learn more about the International Tutoring Center please click here.
Northeastern University's College of Professional Studies is covering the cost of eight hours of tutoring from Wyzant to help ensure your success in challenging courses. Tutors on Wyzant have helped thousands of students in 300+ subjects ranging from College Algebra to Academic Writing, Statistical Analysis to Microbiology.
Click here to access your free tutoring through Northeastern University's Wyzant account.
- Access your free tutoring using your Northeastern login credentials. Indicate your program, time zone, the course you'd like support in, and the specific topics or materials you'd like help with.
- You'll receive an activation email from Wyzant for Higher Ed. (If you don't see it, check your spam or junk folders.) From the email, click on the activation button.
- Potential tutors will begin reaching out to you. Their messages will be sent to your Northeastern email inbox and will be accessible via your Wyzant account dashboard.
- Respond back to the tutors you believe might be a good fit to schedule an online session when it's convenient for you — even late at night!
For questions about tutoring, please reach out to Senior Domain, Academic and Career Advisor, Amy Nichols at email@example.com