Why Higher Education Administration?
The Graduate Certificate in Higher Education Administration provides participants with an understanding of managerial, operational, and strategic concepts that lead to effective administration.
The Graduate Certificate in Higher Education Administration is designed to provide participants with an overall understanding of managerial concepts as well as the operational and strategic concepts that lead to effective administration. This program is best suited for individuals seeking mid- to senior-level administrative roles and individuals interested in transitioning from industry and other organizations into academia.
- Program suited for individuals seeking mid- to senior-level administrative roles and individuals interested in transitioning into academia
- Credits can be applied toward the Master of Education, Higher Education Administration Concentration
- Online, interactive program allows for flexibility for working professionals
The effective administration of higher education institutions has never been so critical than at this time. Consider:
- European and Asian universities are ascending in quality; increasing as market forces
- The electronic delivery of education is escalating, creating new pedagogy and delivery models
To meet these challenges, as well as changing demographics, financial concerns, and legal and policy requirements, administrators and leaders in higher education need to be increasingly sophisticated and knowledgeable.
What you'll study
Required Core Courses
Complete one of the following:
This program requires successful completion of a minimum of 16 credit hours that meet the degree requirements.