Why Human Resources Management?
This comprehensive graduate certificate program is designed to enhance students' understanding and experience in human resources management and prepare them to advance in their field.
In today's multifaceted organizations, human resource professionals must respond to the growing challenges of regulatory compliance, complex benefit plans, and training and motivating employees. This innovative online program is designed to give students a full introduction to the principles, strategies, and techniques of human resources management. The program will foster a deep understanding of organizational development and effective change management; workforce planning and strategic recruitment; and training and performance management.
Major topics include organizational and human resources development; recruiting, training, and performance management; compensation; and the rights and obligations of employees and employers. The online Graduate Certificate in Human Resources Management culminates with a final course in effective change management—an important skill in today’s dynamic and demanding employment environment.
- Boston is a hub for healthcare, education, finance, business, biotechnology, and the life sciences
- Offers special focus for participants in effective change management
- Courses taught by experienced human resources professionals
- Credits earned completing this certificate can be applied toward the MS in Leadership, MS in Corporate and Organizational Communication, and MS in Human Resources Management
Unique Transfer Credit Opportunities
About the SHRM-CP and SHRM-SCP Opportunities:
Why consider a graduate degree from Northeastern University? We recognize the knowledge and HR competencies demonstrated by those who have earned their SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP certification through the Society of Human Resource Management. As a result, SHRM-CP and SHRM-SCP credential-holders have the unique opportunity to accelerate through a Northeastern University graduate certificate program by applying this credential in exchange for transfer credit.
Successful applicants for the Graduate Certificate in Human Resources Management:
- Will receive 3 quarter hours of transfer credit–a 17% savings in tuition–for HRM 6015 Introduction to Human Resources Management.
Contact us today for more information by completing the form on our page.
What you'll study
Complete four of the following. Students waived out of HRM 6015, complete five of the following:
This program requires successful completion of a minimum of 18 credit hours that meet the degree requirements.