Please determine your current status here under "What else do I need to know?"
Once accepted, it is important that all students create a myNortheastern account. This account must be active for at least 24 hours before completing the myOGS e-form. If you have determined that you will need to be in F-1 status to study at CPS, you will need to log in to myOGS with your myNortheastern credentials to submit a request for an I-20.
Please be prepared ahead of time by reading the points below to see what documents you will need to have on hand for your I-20 request:
- A copy of the identity page of your passport
- Financial documentation indicating availability of funds equal to or exceeding the amount needed to attend Northeastern and pay for living expenses for at least a full academic year
- Financial documents must be dated within 9 months prior to your program start date
- All submitted financial documents must be written in English with amounts listed in U.S. dollars. (If funds on the bank statement are not in U.S. dollars, please attach a currency conversion from an online calculator such as http://www.oanda.com/currency/converter/)
- The name of the account holder on any bank documents must be in English
- If you are receiving government sponsorship, please provide a financial guarantee letter that has your name, major, and the covered terms
Estimated Tuition and Expenses
Estimates of tuition and expenses for the 2020-2021 academic are listed here. These figures are subject to change at any time by Northeastern University's Board of Trustees. Additional University fees apply to the cost of full attendance. Please click here to view the list of fees on the Student Financial Services website.
Students Transferring Into Northeastern University
In addition to the required documents above, all international students who are currently studying within the United States, but who now intend to enroll at Northeastern, must also submit a completed Transfer-In Verification Form for students in F-1 or J-1 status (the form is also available at myOGS).
In the U.S. on a visa permitting full/part-time study
If you currently have a visa of nonimmigrant status (e.g., L-2, J-2, H1B, etc.), you must submit the following:
- Application for bachelor's completion or graduate admission
- myOGS Dataform
- Please note the myOGS e-form will require you to upload scanned copies of the identity page of your passport, current visa, and I-94 information.
*Note: If you are not planning to change to F-1 status, we strongly advise you to refer to an immigration attorney to help determine if your current visa allows you to engage in a full-time course of study in the U.S. and gives you eligibility to work in the U.S., including participation in co-op or other forms of experiential learning that may be required by your academic program.
IMPORTANT: Please make your visa interview arrangements only after receiving your I-20 from Northeastern University and make your travel arrangements only after receiving your visa in your passport.
The myOGS I-20 request e-form is designed to respond to an individual student's situation and will guide you through the request process. If you have any questions, please contact the CPS Admissions Office at firstname.lastname@example.org, by calling 877-668-7727, or contact the OGS at email@example.com.
I need to improve my English and academic skills before I can make the grade for my degree. Now what?
The Global Pathways Program offers international students an excellent route to success at Northeastern through a mix of English language training and university skills preparation. Upon successful completion of the program requirements, students will be admitted to their graduate degree program of choice.